If you looked up the most popular methods to consume cannabidiol, edibles would top the list for many experienced and seasoned customers. Whether the consumption is based on recreation or prescription, there are several health benefits to reap, apart from the recreational effects many stoners eagerly seek. However, if you’re new to edibles, it is easy to get lost in the delicious gummies and take one too many, which can ruin your sensory experience. Many routes of improper edible consumption can lead to unpleasant side effects or poor experiences, which are not worth your time.
So how can beginners safely consume edibles without running the party?
Let’s take a look at five tips that can help you become an expert quickly.
- Always eat before taking an edible: It’s crucial that you have a snack or meal before consuming edibles. What it does is slow down the absorption of THC or CBD into your bloodstream, which is the ideal way to slowly induce a high or feel stress-free. Eating before consuming THC edibles will lower the likelihood of an intense high or other unfavorable side effects. If you’ve been feeling nauseous after consuming edibles, start eating an hour before consumption to see the difference.
- Choose a safe space: When consuming an edible, it’s important to prioritize your safety. Make sure that you are in a safe and comfortable space where you won’t be forced to leave on short notice. This can be your home, a friend’s house, or any other familiar place where you feel at ease. Avoid consuming edibles in public places or places that make you feel uncomfortable or anxious.
- Check your state of mind before consuming: It’s important to check your mental state before consuming an edible. If you’re feeling anxious, stressed, or depressed, it’s best to avoid consuming an edible as it may intensify these negative feelings. Instead, wait until you’re feeling more relaxed and comfortable before consuming.
- Have a buddy to watch over your dosage: It’s always a good idea to have a friend or family member nearby to ensure your safety. It would help if your buddy is an expert in using accurately dosed edibles. This way, they can help you take the right amount of CBD gummies, monitor your dosage, and ensure that you’re experiencing the desired results and experience. Additionally, they can help you remain calm if you start to feel new sensations after consumption, which is common for beginners.
- Do not operate any machinery after consumption: After consuming an edible, it’s important to avoid operating any machinery or driving a car. THC and CBD can affect your coordination and reaction time, which can increase the likelihood of accidents or injuries. It’s best to wait until the effects of the edible have worn off before engaging in any activities that require focus or attention.
Consuming edibles is a great way to enjoy the benefits of CBD and THC if you don’t prefer vaping or smoking the herb. However, it’s important to do so safely and effectively. By following our tips, you can ensure a positive and enjoyable experience with edibles. Remember to start with a low dose and gradually increase your intake to find the right dosage for your individual needs. Consult with a healthcare professional before consuming edibles, especially if you have any medical conditions or take any medications.